******* CLASS DETAILS *******
HANDGUN LICENSE CLASS
Taught by Greg Barone, a Texas DPS Licensed Instructor
CLASS LOCATION for (KATY/MEMORIAL): 11925 Katy Frwy, Houston, TX 77079
(FRI/SAT/SUN) CLASS TIME: 9:00am-2:00pm (Doors open at 8:45am for check-in)
CLASS LOCATION for (PEARLAND): 3950 S. Sam Houston Parkway East, Hou,TX
(MON-FRI) CLASS TIME: 10:00am-3:00pm
(SATURDAY) CLASS TIME: 9:00am-2:00pm
(SUNDAY) CLASS TIME: 12:00am-5:00pm
- Bring a copy of RECEIPT to class
- Bring Texas Driver’s license or identification
- A black ink pen & paper for notes. There will be a test at the end of class.
- Clothing – Preferably a T-Shirt (Casings are hot and may fall onto your chest. Women – nothing low cut). Jacket– The room may get cold, also may be used to protect skin at the range.
- Short breaks will be taken throughout the day.
- Please ensure your gun and magazines are unloaded.
COME RANGE READY:
- Any handgun, semi-automatic or revolver (unloaded and in a box) of any caliber in good repair and have no modification that will make the handgun less safe. Students can bring the weapon and/or ammunition in the class. Extra magazines must also be unloaded. Ammunition must be brass casings only.
- 50 rounds of commercially produced ammunition. Brass (FMJ) casing ONLY. NO reloaded, hand loaded, steel casing or surplus ammunition allowed. (Ammunition available for sale)
- Handgun Rental - If you do not have a handgun, you may rent one of the instructor's handguns for $30.00-includes 50 rounds of ammo.
- Safety glasses-(available to borrow) Prescription glasses can be worn
- Ear protection that covers your ears (available to borrow)
- Footwear that entirely covers both feet
- Baseball cap (optional)
FIREARMS RANGE / QUALIFICATION: (as mandated by the Texas DPS)
- Total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45"high x 24"wide)
- Minimum qualifying score for LTC is 175 out of 250 possible points(70%)
- Shooting stance from the ready position where firearm is already in position to fire
NOT INCLUDED IN CLASS FEE:
- State of TX fees – Fees sent into the state of Texas with your application for your License to Carry (you must register within 2yrs of class completion) See State Fees for detailed pricing schedule.
- Fingerprint fees – $9.95 MUST be scheduled through state-approved vendor
- Photo fees – Purchase passport photos or use your TXDL photo at no cost.
At Safety LTC we pride ourselves in creating a no stress, fun and supportive CHL/LTC class environment.
You are welcome to repeat the class at any time at NO Charge (subject to availability) Please register now.
WALK-INS are welcome, you MUST call the morning of the class to verify availability or to ensure that class is still scheduled. Make sure you are in the "SAFETYCHL" Classroom (281-744-5566)
Should your schedule change and you are unable to attend it is IMPORTANT you contact us and let us know. You can reschedule within 3 months a no additional cost. If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com or call Laurie, the training coordinator at mobile 281-744-5566. We look forward to seeing you.
Thank you for registering at SafetyLTC.
AFTER CLASS, apply for your LTC License with the State
Submit application to the Texas Department of Public Safety's Handgun Licensing Program. Your (LTC100, received in class) expires in 2 years.
- Texas DPS online LTC Application
Once you have completed your application, you can upload required documentation(LTC100)at: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx
If you did not already enroll in class, enroll in a legal protection plan now, Click here to learn more or to enroll: www.legalshield.com/info/fullarmor